Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cold Mornings

One of my "Manly" duties is to take the garbage to the curb each week. It could be five in he morning and Jeanne would nudge me, and nicely remind me to get the garbage out to the curb. I do not think I missed trash pickup more then once or twice.

Another one of my undeclared duties that I handle because I am the man of the camper, is keeping the propane tanks full.
This morning in 30 something degree weather, I not only failed, but I failed while Jeanne was taking her early morning shower and the water turned ice cold before she could rinse the shampoo out of her hair. To me this would not seem like a big deal, just get out and towel off. But I guess leaving soap in your hair is a big deal to women.

I think maybe Jeanne is getting bored with me calling her a trooper, and I will not remind her how pioneer women lived, doing laundry in the river, cooking over a open fire, living in a covered wagon with very little, sewing her own clothing, giving birth on a rock, and a outhouse was a luxury. She would be very quick to remind me that pioneer men did not have Pepsi or Cable TV, and pioneer men did not live long.

Sorry Dear, I will get more propane today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jeanne, shampoo is much harder than just having soap in your hair! Poor Steve, don't you just wish you could see inside the tank??? There is no way you could have known. Her Family on my side came from pioneer stock. My grandmother, Minnie Mae's father crossed the plains in a wagon. You are right, but it is hard when you can't see for the bubbles in your eyes. We love you!!! Mom and Fred