Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sir Richard Garrison


I thought filling the basement was something I would do.
How tough could it be, dumping some soil in, tamping it down and you’re done.

I bounced my plan off Chris over at CW Knight Heating, and he wrote down a name and number and he suggested I call.

Richard Garrison General Contractors has been around forever and a day, and everyone knows Richard, and he knows everyone. I think almost everyone who has worked on this project, from town officials to other contractors knows Richard and speaks fondly of him.
Respectfully, I get this urge to call him “Sir Richard”, or "Mr. Garrison".

First the 4" drain system is installed and covered with stone.


Two large fans are set to help blow the exhaust out from under the house. Richard also had a special catalytic converter sent in from Canada to help reduce exhaust fumes


I do not know how many of these large dump trucks came and went. They brought loads in all day, and I am so sorry the boy could not be here to watch.

Soil is ramped up to the the open ends and the skidsteer loads soil into the basement.


This was the perfect size skidsteer. It could fit under the house and once they built up a inside ramp, the skidsteer drove under the house and down into the basement

Sir Richard drives the dozer. I really want one of these beauties.


Compaction tested at 99% and 97%. A density of 95% was required


Hope, the turkey and a Guinea check out a Garrison Vehicle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You definately would still be wheeling in that dirt!! No doubt that you needed Sir Richard!! Thank the good Lord that he was so wll known. Coming good! Love, Mom