Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Week Ahead

With much appreciated help from Willie and Ron, we raised the last of our outside walls. The windows on the back wall still need to be cut out and I will do this as soon as I decide what size window to use.We are now ready to frame out the roof. We hope to have it framed and shingled this week and when our rented scaffolding arrives on Wednesday, this should speed up the process, or at least make it a bit safer working up at such a high altitude.

This week I need to finish digging 8 more 4' deep 16" diameter holes for the front porch supports. I will be calling to schedule Doug Cates to come back to poor the concrete floor but I need my holes dug first and maybe a little bit of concrete cutting. I need to cut 40 something roof rafters and I think I have this figured out. I also need to decided on siding and I am leaning towards the cement based lap boards. With the scaffolding in place this should go up really fast.

I have totally forgotten what it is like to take a nap. I miss my naps and look forward to the day I can enjoy a quilt free nap. I think once the roof is on and all the siding is up so that the house is weather tight, I will treat myself to a nap. In the meantime my bed is getting plenty of use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is looking really good!! Sorry you have not had time for rest!! It is amazing the trength you have. Hope they don't have fleas!!!! Love, Mom and Fred