Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Almost In

Winter snow flakes are not far away, and we are so close to sleeping in he warmth of our home.

Although the camper is cozy warm, It is a extra challenge to keep it warm and to keep the water lines flowing. I told Jeanne if we should get back into the house before Thanksgiving, we should bring Thanksgiving diner out to the camper.
After I said that I really thought she was going to hit me with something hard.

Here is a long overdue update.
Cris from CW Knight Heating was here with his son hooking up the oil furnace and this was no easy task. Thankfully Bruce, who is doing the plumbing on the project kindly brought over his Bobcat skidsteer with forks on the front to lift the furnace up into the new utility room. Chris is well on his way at restoring heat to the house.

When I looked at the spider web of wires in the basement, my head spins. The team from Ackert Electric did not flinch. They started running the wires up into the new utility room. I know these guys from Ackert are highly skilled at what they do, but I also appreciate the fact that they are "nice guys".

Ron and Willie spent Saturday here working on the front dock. They did a great job of building a very square deck. It is looking really awesome, and I lost count how many times I heard the words, Love it, and Loving it.

We are so close to getting back in, but I unfortunately, we my not do it by Thanksgiving. We should learn this week when we will get back into our home. I would predict and hope that next week we will be able to leave this wonderful life in a camper, and I will see my bed. Jeanne has made it very clear, " The dog and cats will not be sleeping in our bed".


Update on Oscar, He is a He. He is fixed, and tested negative for all the nasty things. He is welcome in the camper, but I think he prefers being outside. Hopefully when we move back into the house he will get accustomed to being inside more.

No comments: