Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Helping Hands


We had a couple of rain days this past week, and some major headaches concerning rented scaffolding, ( when I cool down I will tell that story) but Willie and I still did manage to get a considerable amount of framing done. The view from up on the roof is mesmerizing and that seems to slow me down abit.

Ron spent the day here Saturday and we picked away at some more of the roof framing. I would say we have a few hours of work to do and then we can move on to laying down the sheathing and roofing shingles.

They are going to pour the new basement floor today or tomorrow and Chris Knight From CW Knight Heating, stopped out Saturday to plan out the instillation of the oil tank.

Willie and his son Bill came out Sunday and saved the day. Bill borrowed a concrete saw from his Uncle John, and Willie and Bill cut down the openings so that the floor can be pored over the openings for a smooth transition. Willie also helped me dig a number of 4' deep holes for the front porch supports. I think we have have dug the equivalent of a 72 foot deep hole.
Without the help of family like Willie and Bill, and freinds like Ron, I think they would be burying me in one of the 4 foot holes.



Willie and myself worked during the week on the roof framing, and Saturday Ron and I Worked at framing out the Chimney. We only have a very little to do before we start with the sheathing and then the roof shingles.


Starting to take shape. We need to finish the roof this week. I am tired of working on the roof and want to move on to the next phase.
I keep thinking that this would be a great place for a "Widow's Watch", but I don't want to give Jeanne any ideas.


Somehow we manged the strength to walk around the neighborhood in the dark and cold Trick or Treating. I offered to buy he kids 25lbs of candy to stay home, but that did not go over well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween and whatever goes along with that day if you know what I mean!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween and all the good that comes from this "special" day.. The children look adorable and Steve don't you remember trick and treat from just a few years back when you were just a little guy? I think a widow's walk would be perfect!! Oh, my gosh, with your view! Would it be hard to do??? But then I think you could do just about anything. Coming along amazing. Love, Mom and Fred

Diane said...

Steve and family
So very happy to see you are in the house!! MERRY CHRISTMAS! I have been reading your blog through your project and it has been fasinating (from here!) It's shaping up nicely and Steve you have a flair for this blogging...I have had some good laughs reading your postings! I give you all so much credit-WOW!Enjoy the holidays-health and happiness all around.
Your fan
Diane