Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Waiving The White Flag

Sometimes you get to a point when you must concede defeat. Wendy told me it is the first step to recovery.

Ok: My name is Steve and I am a wantabee roofer.

I decided to hire out the rest of the roof. I can not be held up by the roof any longer. I am not equipped to work at those high altitudes and we need to get this roof buttoned up and move on.
I also found myself uttering a slew of curse words. This is something that I don't do. I do not want the kids hearing that kind of language at home. Thankfully they were at school.

I went down to Willard's Lumber Yard in Willimantic and asked the experts for some recommendations for this part of the project.
The gentlemen I hired will start today, and he will have the roof completed this week instead of a few more frustrating weeks for me, and this will free me up for the 289 other parts of this project.

Now I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I think With Willie and Ron's help we will meet Jeanne's deadline.

I had a weight lifted off my shoulders, I am not sure how Willie feels about turning the roof over to someone else, But I swear when I told Ron, I heard him giggle with relief, and in the 35 years I have known Ron, I never heard him giggle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at it that you were smart enough to "waive" that part of the job. It will also give you the much needed time to do the other things you need to do! Don't look at it as defeat. You might have wasted some of your vital energy and not gotten very far. Good luck! Love, Mom and Fred