Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Importance Of Vision

In order to live here over the past 9 years or so, one must maintain a vision of what it could be, not what it is.

The new roof over the front porch is nearing completion. It looks like I will farm out the shingling of the roof and will make that decision this week, "I Hope".

I am very happy to say that all the work I put into covering the roof with plastic paid off. We had some massive amounts of rain and wind yesterday and all is good.

Someone recently told me they thought the house would look like a giant, ugly, cement foundation with a small house sitting on it.
That was one of my original concerns, but thankfully I had found a picture on the FEMA website of a house in Alabama that was raised up 16 feet, and it was this picture that allowed me to develop a vision of the look I wanted. I did some rough drawings, and Ben Souza from Souza Engineering created some awesome official drawings.

Below is the Wallace house in Alabama. I really like the symmetry of the front steps and thought this would help take the focus away from the cement foundation.


Now, as I see the vision becoming a reality, I need to envision this muddy, wet, sometimes frozen, construction site, with green grass and beautiful landscaped gardens.
"THINK SPRING"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Alabama house is really beautiful... Yours will be too! I'm so glad that it is coming together so well for yu all. God bless you and give you the strength to finish your dreams. Santa will be able to find you for sure now... Love to all, Mom and Fred.