Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Comfy Cozy

I dream about a dock at night in the warm Florida Everglades, sitting with a fishing pole in hand, never knowing what you will catch. Then I wake up and I hear 13 degrees on the TV weather forecast.
So much for that dream!

Very soon we will be able to say, "We are in the home stretch".
I must say that Willie, Ron and myself did some really good stuff when it comes to the front deck. Ron and I worked on framing the roof over the front porch and I have a bit more to finish. I took a break from the roof this week and worked on some of the railings. Ron and I spent a hour or so attempting to come up with a plan to correct a terrible mistake I made. If I can figure out a solution, I might claim the rank of Genius, and if not I may be forced to maintain the title of "Goober".

This week has not been easy with 30 degree weather and wind that cuts strait through to your bones. I am hoping to farm out some of the remaining outside work. I would prefer to let someone else do the siding, install the windows and shingle the new roof. I hope to make that decision very soon.
I contacted a local contractor to give me a estimate on the labor that we have done ourselves, and if I have covered my 10% as required by the grant, I should be able to hire someone to do some of the work that I really don't want to tackle. It would be different if it was 50 degrees out instead of feeling like 50 below with the wind, and when your fingers are frozen, it really hurts when you hit one with a hammer.

I still have all the inside work on the addition, walls, insulation, sheet rock, flooring, painting, and design and build doors for the openings in the basement.
For now I have sheets of plywood up to block some of the wind that turns our basement into a wind tunnel.

Words we use a lot the past couple of days are "comfy cozy" so for now during the day, I will freeze my hands and body to near frost bite levels, an at night I will dream of far away warm places from my comfy cozy bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the deck!!! I can't wait to sit on the front porch in a rocker with you this coming summer! You are the best and have done so much.... Try to keep warm and don't overdo. Love to all, Mom and Fred

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being "home" at last!!! The deck looks amazing....
After all this is over you and Jeanne should get away for a little R&R... I'll take the kids....
Love,
Kathy

Roberta said...

I am still reading ....sorry I did not get down there to visit..I miss you and the guys and during this Christmas season wish you and Jeanne and the kids a very joyful holiday....stay warm Steve and please take care of yourself..I am well...going to Canada to see my son and now 2 grandchildren...love you, Roberta