Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

We Are Home

We survived living with approximately 48 square feet of floor space.
We survived 3 months of plastic outhouses and a tiny tiny shower. We survived living in a sardine can.

We survived We survived We survived!!!

Today I flushed the toilet 17 times because I have not flushed a toilet in 3 months.

Today I took a long hot shower and walked back and forth in the shower because I had the room.

Today I celebrate because we can all be in separate rooms.

Today I feel like a little kid on the eve of Christmas.

Today I lay down on our bed and thought this was the largest, and most comfortable bed in the world.

After living 3 months in a small camper, I decided I would never do anything that remotely resembles camping.

We have lots of work ahead of us, but I think I am re energized.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad for you all!! I never doubted that you would survive~
It really is the small pleasures of life that bring the greatest joy! I know that I was greatful to get back to my kingsize bed after being away for 10 days....
Love you all!!!! Mom and Fred

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Steve. I've been monitoring your blog and watching the progress you guys have made. Hope you all enjoy the fruits of your hard labor. Merry Christmas. Gary