Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, December 20, 2010

My Santa List

With all the work I am doing around here, I never had time to write my Santa list and mail it to the North Pole in time for Christmas.

Because I am so late getting my list together, I will list my top ten things I want for Christmas with hopes that Santa may read my blog. The list is not in any order of importance.

I certainly wish for all the things we are suppose to wish for, world peace, end to all suffering, well paying jobs, health, and all the best for humanity.

I also should wish for my roof to be finished and the siding and windows installed on the addition. This is a major stress factor.

I decided my list this year would be somewhat self centered.

First thing on my list is a Miniature Donkey.
I really like donkeys and have always wanted one. Jeanne asked me where it would sleep, and I said, "we could name it Poncho and it can sleep in the boys room." I just think if we had a Poncho it would feel more like a farm. I don't think Jeanne takes me serious anymore.



Second item is baby Hampshire Piglet. I always wanted a pet pig I could name,"Wilbur". I would never be able to eat Wilbur, and since they can reach weights over 500lbs, maybe we should think this one over a bit more.


Third Item on my list would be a tractor with a loader and backhoe. The boy and I would be in heaven if we had a beautiful machine like this one. We could dig holes just for the sake of digging holes. Tommy and I both have dreams about owning a work of art like this John Deere.


Forth Item would be a Savannah Monitor Lizard. I have a serious passion for this Lizard. I have read about people training this lizard like a dog. One Savannah was house broken, it would go outside, do its thing then come back to the door. I read about one that would give kisses and walk on a leash.This Monitor Lizard reaches lengths of four feet or more. Ten years or more ago, I had a very small young monitor named Perkins, after the great Marlin Perkins. Perkins got out of his cage one day and did not survive a encounter with our dog.


Number 5 would be a real Bull Dozer. this would be the little kid in me. every boy at heart would love to be able to say they own their own Bull Dozer.

Jeanne would never have to ask me twice to clear the snow off the driveway. Plus I would never have to deal with stubborn stumps, razor sharp prickers, and certain neighbors.



Number 6 would be another Jeep. I miss my Jeep. It did not survive the flood of 05. In the past I have had some cool vehicles. My first car was a used 1972 VW Bug, I also had some nice trucks, but I loved my Jeep. Today I drive a station wagon and a mini van. I am sorry but there is no way to even feel slightly cool when you drive a station wagon or a mini van. Never in my life did I imagine I would own a station wagon.
Maybe driving station wagons cause men to have mid life crisis's and go out and get Tattoos and a Harley.

I could use a little coolness and a Jeep might do it.



Number 7 would be my very own Submarine. This would be cooler then a Harley, a tattoo, or a Jeep, and it would be a great addition to number nine.

I wonder if you can special order one with torpedoes.


Number 8 would be a very large powerball jackpot. If I won the power ball you could forget about everything above. Like the guy in the Lottery commercial, not only would I be cool, but I also would suddenly be good looking.


Number 9 would be Block Island. I am not talking about some property on the island, I want the entire Island. I would secede from the United States, start my own country, designate myself King, and award land grants to family, friends, and the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. Ok to be fair to Jeanne, I would put aside a couple hundred acres for Sean Connery and Sam Elliot.

I could use my submarine to patrol our territorial waters and maybe invade and annex Fishers Island.



Number 10 was added because it would be sad if I sent Santa my list and received nothing on it. So number 10 are the two items I am guaranteed to find under the tree on Christmas day, SOCKS and UNDERWEAR.




Happy Holidays

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who could even make a comment on this Christmas list......you are toooo funny Steve, you must drive Jeanne crazy or she just shakes her head....Merry Christmas to all, Love, Roberta

Anonymous said...

Some of your wishes to Santa are great, I love the Block Island thing! I've been there! The digger and dozer are certainly good wishes, too! Think of all the work you could do for Jeanne :).

Do hope Santa brings more than socks and underwear, although they really are handy to have!! Love You so much, Mom