Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Day, Another Battle

They are tiny, and they are extremely annoying. The Pantry Moth, also known as a Indian Moth, or Flour Moth, can drive the most sane and sensible person to take drastic measures to eliminate them from a home.

They usually enter a home on grains and other dry foods and soon multiply. They don't bite, and they don't eat fabrics, but I think I would rather have a house full of spiders.

I am very distressed to announce we have been invaded by this little irritant. I became a little lackadaisical when dealing with some birdseed, and now the war has begun.

It only takes a couple of little eggs to come in the house on birdseed to start the infestation. Some years ago while living in a Condo, I was inundated with these little moths. At the time I refused to use any chemicals, so I came up with what I thought was the answer to the problem.


I purchased some tiny little house geckos and turned them loose in my Condo. Thinking that the little Geckos would feed on the moths, and because I have a thing for geckos, I thought watching some geckos run around would be somewhat entertaining. This proved to be true, I, being a gecko lover, found them very entertaining as they would shoot straight up the wall like little rockets, so fast that if you blinked you would miss them whizzing by.

This solution to the problem created its own set of problems. At the time I lived above a very nice older Russian couple who had a very hard time coming up with certain words in English. I did understand what she was saying when she tried to explain in her strong Russian accent, how they were watching TV and repeatedly caught the fleeting glimpse of something shooting up their walls and across the ceilings. She asked me, if the mice in the United States were that fast?
With all the genetically altered grain grown in this country", I said, "it's possible."

I don't plan on using a army of geckos this time, but I will not rule out, DDT, TNT, Flamethrowers, Hand grenades, or Missiles with pesticide filled warheads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best to get rid of the little varmits... Is there any way you can bomb the one room?? Move the babies first fo course??!! There is always something exciting happening at the river homestead. Love to all, Mom and Fred