Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Got Snow?

Sometimes we must eat our words. In the past I often said if we are going to get snow, then lets get some real snow. I wanted feet not inches, after all, "I am a New Englander", but lately I find myself during temporary moments of weakness, wishing I was a Floridian.

To date, 71" of snow has fallen on Connecticut and the yearly average is 47", and the great news is, there is talk of another possible Nor'easter next week.

Last night I worked late into the night, and a large part of today insulating the addition. Mike, the building official from the Town Of Mansfield was here today performing a insulation inspection, and mentioned something I have thought about, but at this point in time, I don't wish to add onto my long list of things to stress about. With all this snow, if we get a fast melt, add some heavy Spring rains, our new porch may become a dock.

Tomorrow is Friday, and we are expecting a large delivery from Willard's Building Supply. Our windows, siding, and 70 sheets of sheetrock will be delivered. So now I can look forward to spending my birthday hauling sheetrock from the driveway up the icy driveway, up the stairs, into the addition, and up some more stairs.

I must admit, snow can be extremely tranquil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE, hope you have a GREAT day.....
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Oh Yea, Ron said HAPPY BIRTHDAY too..
Wendy

Anonymous said...

HOPE YOU GOT OUR MESSAGE YESTERDAY,
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Wish we could change your weather just a bit. If only things could have gotten started sooner, but isn't the biggest word IF?? If we had done such and such, if only!! Take care and don't slip on the ice!! We love you all. Mom and Fred