Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Obsessed With Sheetrock

During past few months since we broke ground on this project, I have discovered that maybe I am not the lazy wimp I thought I was.

With that said, I do admit, with my face hidden in my pillow Friday morning, I was whimpering a little thinking about hauling sheetrock.

Friday we had 70 sheets, or 3780 lbs of sheetrock/drywall delivered, and because we have a dumpster blocking the driveway, it was neatly stacked at the end of the driveway.

Ron and Willie gave me a very much appreciated birthday gift when they showed up and the 3 of us loaded 70 sheets up onto the first floor, and then moved 28 sheets, or 1512 lbs up a second flight of stairs.The total of sheetrock moved, 5292 lbs, or 98 sheets.And we will handle each sheet again when we hang it for a total of,
9072 lbs, 168 sheets, or just over 4 tons sheetrock moved.
The only disappointment was, they didn't sing happy birthday to me.

Ron and I started hanging sheetrock today and the rooms are starting to look like rooms. Hopefully we will finish hanging sheetrock and see the windows installed this week.

And to make the week complete, we will receive another substantial winter storm this week.

4 comments:

Babycakes said...

you are amazing and determined my friend...shall keep you in my prayers..Happy Birthday to you, Hapy Birthday to you. Oh in your spare time could you please come up and rake all this snow off my roof....LOL

Babycakes

Anonymous said...

So sorry I missed your birthday!! Things have been crazy here ( I know you can relate to that)....
Happy Birthday to the best guy there is!!!
Love,
Kathy & Family

Anonymous said...

I prayed that you would get help to move all that sheetrock. Thank God for your helpers... It is nice to know that the partial end is in sight! Love to all, hope your birthday year will be wonderful!! Love, Mom and Fred

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a very happy birthday and many more to come. Take it easy with your sheetrocking and hope this next storm won't be as bad as they are saying. Take it easy and tell Tommy he made a good looking race car. George & Pat.