Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Peaceful Year Ahead?

Unfortunately my horoscope for 2011 does not mention anything about lottery tickets, but it did say something about unraveling the mysteries of life, and the year is slated to be smooth sailing for me, and I should get ready for a peaceful year where the fruits of your previous labors will start to come together.

I made no resolutions this year, and to be honest, I did not know New Years eve was upon us until the kids spoke about staying up until midnight. The one resolution I temporarily thought about was being nicer. We can always use more niceness in our lives and I thought why not try.

Well on Jan 1st, I failed my first opportunity to be nicer to Jeanne. Today while the kids and I were outside cutting firewood, they came across a dead mouse. I honestly do not know how they came about the idea, but they decided they would gift wrap it and give it to their Mom for her birthday on Jan 2nd.
I swear on everything sacred to me, "IT WAS NOT MY IDEA", but I suppose I could have been nice and stopped them. I believe the old term, "it's the thought that counts" or how about, "Home Made", will not work in this situation.

So tomorrow on Jeanne's birthday, she will get a gift wrapped dead mouse, and I can hear the smooth sailing, and peaceful part of my horoscope being flushed down the toilet.

Maybe I can try being nicer in 2012!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that why she sounded so sad when I called to wish a Happy Birthday? She didn't even mention her gift. They truly look very happy with the mouse and I'm sure the thought... God bless you all, it will all come together in time. Love, Mom and Fred