Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Do Not Try This At Home.

In my younger days, my father would look at me after I did something he would consider dangerous, or something he thought lacked any reasonable amount of common sense, and he would say, "if you only had half a brain".

This morning I walked out onto the frozen river, and as I crossed over to get to the other side, I thought about the frigid water still flowing below the ice and I heard my fathers voice speak to me from the grave,"IF YOU ONLY HAD HALF A BRAIN".
I think this time I truly understood what he was trying to say, and I agreed with him.

It is not only the inconvenience of the extreme amounts of snow, but the sub zero temperatures are taking a toll. The river is frozen solid with only a few tiny pockets of open water. I have never seen this river freeze so solid during the winter.

Walking out on a frozen river would not be considered a smart move, but I did get this shot of the house from the middle of the river.

Looking up river.

Looking down river.

Venture wonders if it is to late to fly south.

A little color in a white landscape.


If I ever find the other half of my brain, I think life would become boring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make life so exciting! What if you had fallen in??? I know you said it was frozen, but???? what IF? Thank God you were safe and it is a wonderful shot of the house, and the one of the river!!!
Take care and have a happy Valentine's Day. Love, Mom