Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Life Is A Dream

The one thing I am sure about, is most of our animals are a bit confused. We have 3 baby turkeys that hatched in our incubator, and during this critical time are being raised in our living room. We made a "intensive care brooder" out of a 20 gallon fish tank. This allows us to closely monitor them and I believe it also helps them bond to us.

So I was thinking, we have baby turkeys in a fish tank, that think we are their parents, we have a swan that thinks he is a goose, we have a baby goose that thinks I am Papa, and the kids are his playmates. We have a couple of giant tortoise that graze like cows, and a baby goat that sleeps in Jeanne's mudroom at night, and I don't think he realizes he is a goat. We have a Blue Fronted Amazon Parrot that thinks I am his mate, and will attack anyone and anything that comes near us when he is on my shoulder. We have another parrot that will say "I love you". We also have a Male Turkey that waits for the Mail Truck and will stop traffic so that he can strut his stuff.

Like I said, I was thinking, and I asked Jeanne, "when you were younger and had dreams about a home of your own, and starting a family and raising a couple of kids, did you ever in your wildest dreams, imagine you would live on a ARK"?

She either did not answer me, or I fell asleep waiting for a answer.


Hope found a small clutch of chicken eggs and she hatched out 3 of them. She now carefully watches over them and they consider her Momma, and she considers them baby turkeys.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope seems to be a very good mother! They are adorable. Love, Mom