Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Stump Vs Cousin Bill

I am in no way a anti stump person. I have no problem looking at a stump. But sometimes a stump is in the way and it really needs to go.

I have worked on one particular stump now for over 2 years, and I had predicted I would win this battle and remove this stump somewhere in the year 2015, or 2016 at the latest. I have dreamed about winning the PowerBall Lottery. Not because it would offer us financial freedom, but because I could buy a powerful machine to remove this stump once and for all.

My nephew Bill was out here with his truck to move our camper, when I decided to present him with the challenge of the stump. Bill also happens to be one of Tommy's heroes. Some of Tommy's favorite things to do are, spending time with his cousin Bill, or Bill's Dad, Uncle Willie, or cows. Tommy once asked me why Uncle Willie is proud of his son Bill? I told him because his cousin Bill grew up to be a very kind hearted young man, who loves his family, is good to his friends, and is not afraid of hard work.

After the tornado's wrecked parts of Massachusetts, Bill and a friend loaded up their chainsaws and headed up to help others, and when they were offered money for their services, they refused to accept any payment. Peg and Willie should be proud,I know I am.

Tommy now thinks we should offer cousin Bill $100 to buy his truck, and I think about the battle with the stump is finally over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice kid! To take a chance and blow his engine was very generous! You have met your stump challenge. I like the way Tommy went down the path the stump left behind.... Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Bill - 1, stump - 0

yay bill!