Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What Is It?

No it is not a couple pieces of coal picked up along the railroad tracks.

No it is not something our geese left behind on the driveway for me to step in barefooted.

And no it is not a couple of pieces of prehistoric petrified dinosaur poop.

Give up??

This is one of the reasons they invented smoke detectors.

One morning last week a rare occasion occurred. I was home alone and the only breakfast I needed to prepare was my own.

So in a pan went some butter, oil, garlic, red wine vinegar and a couple of large, beautiful, juicy red cube steaks left over from a couple of nights past. I turned the burner on med and went to wipe the drool from my beard.

It seemed like minutes later( reality it was maybe a hour or more) I heard a strange mans electronic voice, FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!. I yelled a word we are not allowed to use and ran to the kitchen. No fire but the kitchen was filled with a toxic smelling grey smoke. I grabbed the smoking pan turned off the stove and quickly moved our two Parrots and two parakeets out onto the front porch. If that pan had been Teflon coated, chances are very good that Migo and Katanga would not have survived.

I ran fans all day in a attempt to rid the house of such a nasty smell, and decided to stick with a untoasted peanut butter sandwich.

I am not sure how long the punishment will last... but I am not allowed to touch any of Jeanne's pots or pans, and not allowed to use the stove unless the kids are here to supervise.

I still think those steaks with eggs would have been really tasty.

No comments: