Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Dude

The third largest land tortoise is the African Spurred Thighed, or also known as the Sulcata. According to "The Tortoise Trust", they can surpass 100 years and the record is 240lbs.

I obtained my first 2 Sulcatas approximately 15 years ago. Today Custard and Pudding are a couple of big boys at 30 and 35lbs.

I am very excited to announce the arrival of Dude, or I prefer "The Dude".

The Dude is a fabulous example of a Sulcata, and he came to us from Sharon and Paul, a couple of nice Folks from over in Rhode Island who did a outstanding job raising the Dude. They had many people interested in adopting Dude, and we are grateful they chose us. We will do our best to continue the outstanding care that The Dude is accustomed to.

If I would say we now have a heard of tortoises, I now know I would be wrong. To be correct, we now have a "Bale" or a "Creep" of tortoises.
No matter how you say it, we now have 3 very amorous boys, and maybe I should reconsider and find them some girlfriends.

1 comment:

Tamij said...

Those are really cool dudes :) They look so perfect almost as if they aren't real, WOW.