Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, March 2, 2012

National Pig Day

I know most folks think of March 1st and they think, "Lets celebrate National Pig Day."

I kind of dropped the ball on this one, because my first thoughts were "hey its March 1st, only 20 days until the first day of Spring, and maybe I have enough firewood to keep the woodstove going until the weather warms up..

The Handbook For First Year Teachers designates March 1st as "National Pig Day" and recommends teachers (Cook some bacon,make BLTs, discuss where pork chops come from.)

I was born in the Year Of The Pig, and maybe this is why I hold a special place in my heart for pigs.
Maybe this is why I look at my hand painted pig mug as if it was a priceless heirloom from days gone by.

This was painted by Ron's Mom over 30 years ago. And presented to a very select group of us, and I will deny any and all involvement in any and all actions that falsely earned us these mugs.
That was a thousand years ago and a thousand lifetimes.

I put together 10 of the most famous pigs. Do you recognise them all.



And the most famous pig of them all,"NORMAN"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He eats spaghetti???? He is cute, but I would have to draw the line on feeding him in the house. He drools a bit don't you think? Have missed your blogs! We love you guys! Love, Mom and Fred