Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Young Entrepreneurs

OK, so Jordan comes to me on a regular basis and will ask, "Do you have any ideas how I can make some money"?

Sure I say, "how about helping me with some chores around the house". She responds, ""OK, how much will you pay me to clean my room""?
"About as much as you pay us to live in your room."

Now I grew up doing chores, and when my father asked us to get our chores done on Saturday morning, before we left with our pals for the local fishing hole, we did not have an option to decline.

Tommy and Jordan are quick to pass on my list of chores and when my older brother Ken's 2 boys were growing up, they would offer him cash to avoid doing chores.
Something Just Ain't Right!

So Jordan wants to earn some money, and one day after school she announces that she would like to collect some of our chicken eggs and hatch them in my incubator herself.

Now I really did not want to hatch any more chickens because we could end up with 42 roosters, and along with the 5 or 6 we have crowing at 2am, forty two more would send me over the edge with no hope for any chance of recovering my sanity.
"But I can't say no!

So I presented Jordan and her friend Miranda a idea, and they came up with the plan.
This is their plan, setup the incubator in Jordan's room this week, let it run a couple of days and regulate the temperature. On march 11Th place 42 eggs into the automatic turner.
The hatch should occur 21 days later on March 31st( they are already planning a sleep over for hatch day). When the chicks hatch on the 31st, they have one week to advertise and sell baby Easter chicks @ $3.00 each.

When I asked about a share of the profits for rental of my incubator, the heat lamps, electricity, 25lbs of feed, and the 42 eggs I won't be able to eat, they have offered me a whopping 1-6 cents per chick.
Who needs a real job!


Maybe she will be able to pay me to do her chores.

No comments: