Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

To Bee Or Not To Bee

OK if you have not been convinced that maybe, just maybe I might have a few missing marbles, this might do it.

I was putting up a small section of siding on the house, and noticed a small hole that once was a water faucet, was now the entrance point for a very peaceful family of bumblebees.
This was located on our front porch and I would watch these little buzzing creatures come and go and no matter how much I disturbed them, they did not declare war on me and just flew around me to get to their home in the little hole that leads to the rafters in the basement.

Not wanting to displace our little black and yellow co inhabitants, I carefully marked the spot, and once the siding was up, I drilled a little hole in the siding and now they are free to come and go as they please.

Its not like they are mean, nasty Yellow Jackets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are they making honey in your rafters?? Can be pretty messy if they are. You are one kind person to let the bees live. Love, Mom