Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Something New, Something Beautiful

I think if I turned my attention to insects, I could probably spend the rest of my life seeing creatures that I have never seen before. I could probably do this without leaving our beloved 6 acres.

While working on our Screen porch, a project I started 6 years ago and sort of promised Jeanne she would have her porch finished this Summer, I came across this fascinating little creature.

I have never seen one before and when I dropped what I was doing to look it up, I was thinking leopard spots. so I Googled Leopard Moth and sure enough that is exactly what it is called.

I think the Leopard Moth's beauty rivals that of many butterflies and as always I am very excited that I have a new creature to add to my life list.

I also think if I spend to much time checking out insects before Jeanne's much desired porch is finished, she will be running around the yard with Bug Spray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful specimen. Glad you are working on the porch. I want to ccome and sit and watch your wildlife go by. Love to all, Mom