Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Stubborn Stump


This stump has to go and you might say I am obsessed with the removal of this stump. For the past 4 weeks I have been digging with only a shovel, and I hope to get it out before spring. This will open up more access to the pond. I do not know how our forefathers cleared large parcels of land without modern machines. The muscles I am using have not been used in a long time and at the end of the day I walk like George Burns.

Whatever happened to the days when a landowner could buy dynamite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't they use chains and horses or mules to pull it out?? Is that only one stump??? Good luck you might have to set it on fire (this is Fred's suggestion)!! Love Mom and Fred