Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Optical Illusion?


I think many backyard bird enthusiast take the BlueJay for granted. You hear about the striking Red in the Red Cardinal, or the beautiful Yellow in the Goldfinch. You do not often hear mention of the Bluejay. I think this is such a amazing creature of incredible beauty.

Did you know that the Bluejay like this one at my feeding station, and the Eastern Bluebird may be an optical illusion?

If you want to read an outstanding article, click the link below.

The Science Behind Blue Feathers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is slipping, no comment yet on this one!

Anonymous said...

I was away!! I heard part first hand though!! :)..... I need my Nature lesson every day. I'm sure to get here at the homestead.. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! You do take some great shots!