Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One Man's Treasure


In the basement is a 2' by 2' sump pump hole cut into the floor.
Now and then, when I peek into this pit I find treasure. I found this little spotted salamander this week.
When I was a youngster in Elementary School, I remember one of my classmates bringing a spotted salamander to school. I was so mesmerised by this little creature, I think I would have traded my Squirrel tooth.

I have not lost my fascination for these little creatures and I no longer carry snakes in my pocket. (sorry Maryann ) so we will keep him until spring, and release him out in the wild, so that he might continue to propagate the species.

OK... maybe I do still carry snakes around, but I don't scare girls with them.

OK..OK.. It is not my fault if Jeanne is afraid of snakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the spotted salamander. We
had them in New Hampshire. I am really afraid of snakes too. Maybe Jeanne takes after me in something?? Love you, Mom & Fred

Anonymous said...

I love the spotted salamander. We
had them in New Hampshire. I am really afraid of snakes too. Maybe Jeanne takes after me in something?? Love you, Mom & Fred