Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Six Acre Life List


I can now add a Turkey Vulture to my Life List photo album.

I have been fortunate to have witnessed a great deal of wildlife during my lifetime. My Life list is long, and it is a magical feeling I get when I observe something for the first time.

I have traveled many miles, and have witnessed wildlife in places from Costa Rica to the High Sierras , from the Allagash in Maine, to the Florida Everglades. I have snorkeled with Barracuda and Manatees, and I have hiked in the desert. Viewing wildlife is my passion and it always has been.

I have started a new obsession. I want to photograph every living creature on our 6 acres. I do mean every living creature, (minus plants and trees). I will photograph everything from, a Ant to a Zorro (fox).

Every Picture will be taken here. I will not photograph the animal anywhere but here. I might take the picture in a controlled environment. This would be a custom built enclosure - so that I could take a picture of something small and fast, like a Snake or Mouse.

Today I got a shot of a Turkey Vulture. I am very excited about my Turkey Vulture. I have seen many Turkey Vultures in my lifetime, but getting a picture of one here is like seeing a new species for the first time.

In all probability, this project will take the rest of my life.

Jeanne; sorry about the 3 chicken legs I found in the freezer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least it wasn't the roaster. We have lots of the vultures here in our area. I think your goal to
photograph everything is great!! Not only will you benefit but I get to see things I don't get to see often!! Keep up the good work.
Love, Mom