Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hang On Baby

She was so strong and dependable, she covered alot of ground with me and we spent many hours together. Spending a couple hours in the evening together was always very soothing and helped me relax. The boy came to know her and loved spending time with her.
Now she fights for her life, and I don't know if I possess the skills to save her, but I must try.

We were together when it happened, I just knew something was wrong, and then I noticed the pool of fresh oil growing drip by drip. I started a transfusion of fresh oil, only to watch it drain from her. I know you should never diagnose a family member, but I think maybe she blew a crankcase gasket. At least I hope this is what has drained the life from her. Anything more serious and I may have to take her out in the field and bury her.

I should never be confused as someone that has mechanical abilities. I know what a wrench is and how it works, but I am not great at engines. But she is my baby and I must try. I have been surgically removing engine parts piece by piece until I get to the root of the problem, I only hope I know what each part is and how it goes back together.

I will try to stay strong for the boy and hope he does not hear me cry myself to sleep, and I would expect Ken to refrain from his usual rants about how his John-Deere Toy Lawn Tractor is so much more superior compared to my trusted 22hp Craftsman GT-3000 Garden Tractor. This is a time for compassion, not a time for mockery.

And to my sweet GT-3000, I am sorry I looked at a 26hp, with a 56inch mower deck, I wasn't serious, you are still my one and only tractor. Please get well soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sympathies to you and your "baby".
When our snowblower motor seized up this winter, it made me sad. We then had a guy who said he would put on a new motor for us, so sitting here on the den floor is a new motor.... He hasn't come back to put it on... Oh, well it's summer now. Hope you are able to save her. Love, Mom