Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Let The Cement Flow

Locating a foundation contractor was very difficult until I found Doug Cates from Made and Formed Foundations. The problem with Doug Cates is he does not advertise. You won't find him in the yellow pages, the only way you will get him is if you are lucky enough to have someone recommend him to you. I am grateful Chris over at CW Knight did just that.

I told Doug I would need him starting around the 20th, and I called him yesterday about a week early, and I let him know that we are in the air and ready anytime he was. That same afternoon Doug dropped off a trailer loaded with forms and returned first thing this morning. His crew set and poured the wall that will support the columns that support the center of the house when it is lowered. The main foundation may be poured by Tuesday the 21st.

I know Doug has several projects he is working on at this time, so I am thrilled he was able to squeeze our project into his schedule so fast.

I also called on Towne Engineering who has done our site elevation work. I needed to confirm that we are at the required height. Matt and Joe came right out and met with Doug and myself. They will do a couple of inspections and provide the documentation to FEMA, The State, and the Town Of Mansfield that we are above the minimum elevation of 250'. Can you imagine doing all this work and finding out you missed it by 2 inches? I would be looking for that bridge to jump off.




Watching this truck pull onto the jobsite was a welcome site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a real plan!! Let's pray there are no hitches!! Good luck, love to all, Mom and Fred

Anonymous said...

As the saying goes "Good things happen to Good people". This has never been so true right now for you guys. With everything that you both have been through, your time is NOW. I truly believe that all your worker bees are there (either before or on schedule) because of you and Jeanne being the people that you are.
I can see your face right now, with one of the biggest smiles ever. This couldn't happen to two more deserving people.
Wendy & Ron

Anonymous said...

Everything is looking good. It's been a long time coming but I think you and Jeanne have made the right choice and I know at the end you will look back and say how did we do it. Hope there are no big problems along the way but it looks like you two have everything under control, love Dad & Pat.