Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Tradition Continues

On Christmas morning, we continued the tradition that was started last year. After breakfast and before we could open presents, we took 50lbs of corn over to the river. Our ducks, geese, Swamp the Swan, and Venture the Canada goose were joined by a hundred visiting mallards, and for the first time a flock of 9 Canada geese.
If this flock of visiting Canada geese stay here for the winter, I wonder if Venture will form a bond, find a mate, and leave us to start a family?
This flock of Canada geese do not appear to fear us, and one goose in particular comes up very close to me.
I think that maybe we met before.
Some years ago a full grown Canda Goose showed up here and stayed somewhere between 1-2 years before disappering one day. Maybe he came back with his family.

2 comments:

jrabbit said...

Steve you are waaaayyyy too funny. I miss you. OMG a BB gun. I know you will teach him the rightvthings about it, I have no daught about it.
I miss your jeep also, and the frogs on them.
Keep in touch.
Jessica

Anonymous said...

I thought of you on Christmas morning. I told Peggy, Steve's wife about your tradition of feeding the animals, she thought it great! It is amazing how many of the wildlife have found your little homestead. Must be doing something right. :) Love, Mom and Fred