Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Baby Its Cold Out There

To provide heat, or not.

I am not 100% sure what is correct. Many farmers provide shelter from the cold for their livestock, but not heat. Some say heat is not necessary, and every horse or cow barn I have ventured into during the winter months, did not provide heat. Most livestock will survive the cold, but who really can say they would not be happier and more comfortable if we provided a little heat.

With temperatures in the single digits and last night hitting 6 below, I sleep a lot better knowing the heat lamps I hooked up in the goat shed and chicken coop will help keep our critters a little bit comfortable at night.

Mr Doodles2 has taken my kindness a bit to far. Every night without fail, Mr Doodles2 waits by the basement door. If I did not let him in, he would wait all night by the door, looking pathetic huddled in a cold dark corner. As soon as the door opens he sneaks in and sometimes a couple of his girlfriends follow. I never realized how loud a rooster sounds, when he crows at 4am in our basement directly under our bed. And just to be perfectly clear, Jeanne wanted a rooster, not me..

Bob and Hope, our Royal Palm Turkeys spend most nights up in our Chestnut tree, but with this burst of Artic weather, they have taken refuge in the chicken coop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so good to your little critters!! Heat lamps sound so good in the freezing weather! Hope spring will come soon!!! Love, Mom