Why Do You Stay? Why Don't You Move? After The Flood Of 2005, We hear This All The Time From Friends and Family. You May Find The Answer Here.
I hope you enjoy this Blog and all of the post below. Please disregard any errors in grammer, and give thanks to the greatest creation ever, Spell Check.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Visitor With Attitude

When describing the Common Snapping Turtle, someone came up with, "belligerent disposition". I can not think of anything better.

Tommy and I came across this beauty searching for a nest site to lay her eggs, and I would say she was about 14 inches of attitude. I believe the state record for this extremely common turtle is approximately 18 inches and a bit over forty pounds.

For reasons I don't understand, and cannot begin to explain, In my younger days I would not have been able to resist capturing this snapping turtle. I have handled some extremely large snappers in my past, but as I get older and slower I appreciate the fact that I have managed to keep all my fingers for the past 50 something years.

Maybe when the boy gets older I will teach him the fine art of Snapping Turtle wrangling.
Or maybe not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did the smart move!! As you said you still have all your fingers. Happy 4th of July to all.
Love, Mom, Fred and Kyle